Cupid is fluttering just around the corner with his bow drawn, ready to inspire romance and the proclamation of love. Are you prepared to shower your friends, family, and significant other with sweet words, chocolate, and red rose petals this Valentine’s Day? Or are you still searching for a gift as unique as your love?
Below are ten unique Valentine’s Day gifts that will brighten the day and home of the special someone in your life:
1.Chocolate – We know, we know, chocolate isn’t exactly a groundbreaking revelation in the Valentine’s Day gift category – but there are ways to make this classic gift a bit more special.
- You can print custom chocolate bar wrapping that’s too sweet to eat
- Gift a fondue pot, make your own chocolate and dip chocolate-covered strawberries at home with your loved one(s)
- Create a custom chocolate mold with a cute inside joke
- Or do a DIY gift basket filled with your sweet’s favorite treats
2. Jewelry – No Valentine’s day gift-giving list would be complete without jewelry. We love this simple heart-shaped necklace perfect for those on a budget, this heart-shaped charm, and this Deco Cigar Band Ring for him.
3. Pajamas – All in favor of gathering the family for an adorable Valentine’s Day morning-matching-pajama-selfie at home must check out Hanna Andersson’s “Hearts on Hearts” pajamas. These cozy, organic knit P.J.s come in a range of sizes and are currently on sale!
4. Edible Arrangement – If you and your loved ones can’t be together on Valentine’s Day, an Edible Arrangement is a fantastic gift to have delivered. Prices range to accommodate all budgets, and items vary from sweet to spicy, so you’ll have plenty of options for everyone on your Valentine’s Day list. These arrangements add so much festive cheer to the home.
5. Couple’s Massage – Reconnect and relax with the one you love by giving the gift of experience. A couple’s massage is a great way to unwind and share some time. To follow-up on your massages, indulge in a full-on spa day or retreat home for a nice meal and a glass of wine for a romantic Valentine’s Day with your partner.
6. Flowers – We know what you’re thinking as you roll your eyes… “flowers for Valentine’s Day? Never would have thought of that!” But hear us out. Yes, everyone gets their loved ones red roses for V-day, but what about stepping outside the classic dozen and opting for a flower with meaning? Magnolias, for instance, are incredibly romantic, unique and set the mood for true love. Or gift a potted orchid, which represents seduction, luxury, love, hope, and luck and will add beauty to the home for as long as it’s cared for.
7. Candles – If you’re planning on showing some love to your co-workers or friends, candles are a fantastic way to do so. We love the D.W. Home candles because their quality scents can fill a room and last for hours without breaking the bank. You can find scents like Relaxing Lavender and Peony Petals online.
8. Wine – Give your Galentine’s the gift of wine this year with either a custom labeled bottle or if you’re feeling extra generous – a wine subscription delivered right to their front door.
9. Personalized Star Map – This adorable gift is both a thoughtful and sentimental addition to your home’s decor. Companies like Under Lucky Stars map the way the night sky looked on a date significant to you and your S.O. You can choose whichever date is meaningful to you – your wedding anniversary, or the first time you said: “I love you.” Is there a better, more unique way to show your love than that?
10. Homemade Cards – Finally, and perhaps most importantly, comes the card. We know it’s tempting to let Hallmark do the work, but this year we’re encouraging you to dig deep and find the words in your heart. Let yourself get mushy and open up this Valentine’s Day! You don’t have to be Shakespeare to tell someone how you feel! Just go for it, and when in doubt, sometimes “I love you,” is all you need to say.
We believe that home is where the heart is, so we hope you’re sharing the love in your new home and feeling the love within your community. Happy Valentine’s Day from all of us at Lennar!