Have you ever heard of the term “money pit?” It’s how anyone who’s ever renovated a home will likely refer to the task. When you purchase a “pre-loved home” not only do you inherit the previous owner’s design, you inherit the home’s issues as well. Termites, old circuit breakers, plumbing, water heaters, the leaky roof, the uneven foundation, poor insulation, and the list goes on from there. The problem is, you don’t know what you’re getting a lot of the time. While you may think you’re getting a bargain, you could end up spending tens of thousands of dollars on unexpected repairs and renovations.
In this modern time, it’s wise to buy a brand new home for several reasons. Here are just a few:
- Create Your Dream Home – Just the phrase “dream home” likely has your imagination buzzing with images of a specific aesthetic, magazine clippings, and “must-have” features. Rather than shopping around for a pre-loved home hoping for something to magically have the right shade of wood floors, an open concept, space for a pool, quartz countertops and a large kitchen island – why not create your home specifically for your wants and needs?
- Everything is Under Warranty – Unlike old homes that tend to come with old appliances, tired roofs, and worn down countertops, new homes are, well, new! Which means they come with the most modern designs and building material, all of which is under warranty.
- Increased Sustainability – With new appliances come increased efficiency. When you combine energy-efficient appliances and materials with Smart Technology, the planet and your wallet will thank you. With Home Automation, you’ll be able to lock doors, control your home’s climate, lighting, entertainment and more with your voice or the touch of your finger.
- Community Amenities – Buying new often means buying within a community. Community lifestyles offer low maintenance living, incredible amenities, and extra security. Amenities within Lennar communities, for instance, often include resort-style swimming pools, children’s playgrounds, clubhouses and more.
- Cost-Effective – New homes can be incredibly (and surprisingly) cost-effective. They’re less expensive to maintain since they have better insulation, energy-efficient appliances, and are built with current specifications. Also, with Lennar’s new homes, Everything’s Included®, this means homeowners will receive upgraded features included in the list price. No stress, no guesswork.
CLICK HERE to learn more about our new home opportunities and Everything’s Included features.