You know Saint Patrick’s Day is near when the “Kiss Me I’m Irish” shirts come out, and the Dropkick Murphys blast through the speakers at your favorite local bars. Whether you’re of Irish heritage or not, this is one of those holidays we all can enjoy celebrating. So gather your lads and lasses and hit the pubs for a pint of green-colored beer and some live music this weekend.
Below are some of the most festive St. Patrick’s Day events in Georgia by county.
Atlanta County: If you’re in one of Lennar’s Atlanta communities like Enclave at Druid Hills, Carramore Landing, or Ashford Place at Dering – you have plenty of options when it comes to celebrating St Patrick on the second weekend of March.
Atlanta St. Patrick’s Parade
- When: Saturday, March 14, 2020, at 12:00 PM
- Where: Peachtree Street at 16th Street
- Description: The Atlanta St. Patrick’s Day parade, an annual tradition since 1858, is Atlanta’s longest-running tradition and one of the country’s oldest parades. This family-friendly event will feature marching bands, bagpipes, dancing, floats, and appearances from local heroes. Dress up in green clover adorned garb and join the hundreds of Atlanta locals for this incredible event.
- Learn More: http://atlantastpats.com/
St. Patrick’s Day Celebration
- When: Tuesday, March 17, 2020, at 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM
- Where: Children’s Museum Atlanta 275 Centennial Olympic Park Dr. NW, Atlanta, GA 30313
- Description: The Children’s Museum of Atlanta is celebrating St. Patrick’s Day with Irish dancing, a special themed storytime, a calligraphy workshop, and much more. These kid-friendly workshops are first come first serve, so be sure to arrive early and secure your space.
- Learn More: https://childrensmuseumatlanta.org/event/st-patricks-day-celebration/
Atlanta St Patrick’s Green Mile Block Party
- When: Friday, March 13, 2020 at 7:00PM – 2:00AM
- Where: 1080 Peachtree St NE #1 Atlanta, GA 30309
- Description: It’s never too early to start celebrating St. Patrick’s Day, especially when it’s with Atlanta’s number one party every year – the Green Mile Block Party! The Friday before St. Paddy’s day, join 2,000 plus party-goers in Midtown’s Entertainment District and enjoy special discounts at participating bars, pubs, and taverns.
- Learn More: https://www.bigtickets.com/e/abt/midtown-green-mile-2020/?referral=ABT-HomePageButton
Lucky Leprechaun in Buckhead
- When: Saturday, March 14, 2020, at 6:00 PM – 2:00 AM
- Where: Irby’s Tavern 322 E Paces Ferry Rd Atlanta, GA 30305
- Description: If you missed the block party on Friday night, or want a double dose of fun and drink specials, Atlanta’s Largest St. Patrick’s Day event is happening at Lucky in Buckhead on Saturday evening. There are 10+ participating bars like Fado Irish Pub, Lost Dog Tavern, and Whiskey Mistress, all offering drink specials on everything from shots to beer.
- Learn More: https://www.bigtickets.com/e/abt/lucky-leprechaun-2020/
Cherokee County: This one’s for you Haddonstone community residents! If you love experiencing a nice, new glass of wine – you’ll love this Cherokee County event.
Annual St. Patrick’s Day Wine Tasting Party
- When: Saturday, March 14, 2020, at 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- Where: The Gifted Ferret 1910 Eagle Dr, Woodstock, GA
- Description: Folks located in Cherokee county are especially lucky this St. Patrick’s Day weekend. The Annual St. Patrick’s Day Wine Tasting Party is your chance to experience four to six different boutique wines in palette order at The Gifted Ferret in Woodstock. The cost per person is just $10 to $15. This is a great opportunity to try new wines and meet new friends.
- Learn More: https://www.thegiftedferret.com/thegiftedferret/tgfj/index.php/events-reservations/wine-tasting/243-artisan-wine-tasting-27
Cobb County: Attention 21 and up Cobb County residents – these St. Patrick’s Day events in your neck of the woods are sure to be a great time.
McCray’s Tavern St. Paddy’s Day Celebration
- When: Saturday, March 14 and Tuesday, March 17, 2020
- Where: McCray’s Tavern 4500 W Village Pl, Smyrna, GA 30080
- Description: Bagpipes and live bands, contests, prizes, and a special Irish menu, plus Guinness and bar specials – you don’t want to miss St. Paddy’s Day at McCray’s if you’re in Cobb County. Enjoy one of the biggest parties of the year!
- Learn More: https://www.facebook.com/events/496411234645222/
Johnnie MacCracken’s St. Patrick’s Day 2020
- When: Tuesday, March 17, 2020
- Where: Johnnie MacCracken’s 15 Atlanta Street SE Marietta, GA 30060
- Description: “If you can’t go to Ireland, then go to MacCracken’s.” Johnnie MacCracken’s is channeling the luck of the Irish this St. Patrick’s Day with live bands and a special Irish food menu. Do the Irish jig on the dancefloor and enjoy the festivities.
- Learn More: https://www.johnniemaccrackens.com/facilities
Henry County: If you live at Lennar’s Mathis Place at Pembrooke Park community, you won’t need to travel far to get the party started! This exciting event starts just 15-minutes from your home but will take you all the way to Savannah!
Masonic ST. Patty’s Day Bus Trip
- When: Saturday, March 14, 2020, at 8:00 AM – 10:00 PM EDT
- Where: Walmart 1400 Eagles Landing Parkway Stockbridge, GA 30281
- Description: If you’re ready to party like the Irish this St. Patty’s Day – hop on the party bus day trip! Two buses will take passengers from Stockbridge to Savannah for a day of St. Patrick’s Day-themed adult beverages, a best-dressed contest, music, games, beads, and fun. Enjoy the journey and the destination with this full-day event. Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Learn More: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/masonic-st-pattys-day-bus-trip-tickets-55912170808?aff=ebdssbdestsearch
Forsyth County: For all of y’all living in Cumming communities like Arbors II at LakeView, Danbury Farms, Bryton Trace and Mountain Crest we hope you’re ready for a good time! These 21 and up events feature live music and Irish delicacies.
Good Ol’ Days Irish Pub & Grill
- When: Tuesday, March 17, 2020
- Where: Good Ol’ Days Irish Pub & Grill 419 Atlanta Road, Cumming GA 30040
- Description: This Saint Patrick’s Day Forsyth county residents can enjoy drink specials, Irish delicacies, and sing along to live music from Across The Wide, The Daniel Lee Band, and Johnny Awesome! KRP and more on the patio at Good Ol’ Days Irish Pub & Grill. Must be 21 years of age or older to attend.
- Learn More: http://goodoldaysbarandgrill.com/event-details/
St. Paddy’s Day Bash
- When: Saturday, March 14, 2020 at 2 PM
- Where: Rosati’s Pizza Sports Pub 415 Peachtree Pkwy, 200, Cumming, Georgia 30041
- Description: If you envisioned yourself drinking green beer and doing the Irish jig to the sounds of local bands – then you need to be at Rosati’s Pizza Sports Pub the Saturday before St. Patrick’s Day for their 2nd annual all-day event. Music starts at 2:00 with local bands like Acoustical Left, Mars, and Northmain.
- Learn More: https://www.facebook.com/events/1104949669847355/
Fulton County: Provenance at Sandy Springs and Dunwoody Village residents, get your shamrock and green gear ready – these fun, family-friendly events are taking place St. Patty’s Day weekend!
Gate City Brewing Co St. Patrick’s Day Event
- When: Saturday, March 14, 2020
- Where: Gate City Brewing Co. 43 Magnolia St, Roswell, GA 30075
- Description: Gather up your favorite lads and lasses and enjoy Tex-Mex corned beef and cabbage tacos, Texas bangers, and mash and live music from Brennan Johnson and Truett Lollis this St. Patrick’s Day at Gate City Brewing. Proceeds from this event benefit the Children’s Development Academy.
- Learn More: https://www.gatecitybrewingcompany.com/events
KCHD Annual St. Patty’s Day Party
- When: Sunday, March 15, 2020, at 12:00 PM – 5:00 PM EDT
- Location: Killer Creek Harley-Davidson 11480 Alpharetta Highway Roswell, GA 30076
- Description: The Sunday before St. Patrick’s Day, join Killer Creek Harley-Davidson® for their Annual St. Patrick’s Day Party. Listen to live music, enjoy some beer, food, games, and win a prize! If you wear a Killer Creek H-D® St.Patrick’s Day shirt from previous years, you can pick a prize from the Leprechaun’s Hat! This is a free, family-friendly event and a great opportunity to meet new people.
- Learn More: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/kchd-annual-st-pattys-day-party-tickets-96195516379\
St. Patrick’s Day Make and Take Craft
- When: Monday, March 16, 2020, from 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM
- Where: East Roswell Public Library 2301 Holcomb Bridge Rd Roswell GA
- Description: Roswell residents looking for a St. Patrick’s Day event, look no further. If you have little ones aged three to twelve, stop by the library for a St. Paddy’s Day craft on Monday afternoon.
- Learn More: http://www.socialweb.net/Clients/AFPL/index.lasso?id=248429
We must have the luck of the Irish this Saint Paddy’s day with all these fun things to do! Whether you’re participating in the family-friendly parade or the 21+ parties, have fun and be safe this Saint Patrick’s Day weekend.