Looking for a way to spice up the style of a room in your home, but don’t feel like spending a fortune? There are a few easy ways to give any room an instant upgrade. Following one or more of the steps below to dress up a room you’ve gotten too used to in no time.
1. Add one or several potted plants: Not only do plants instantly liven a room up; they also help to clean and purify the air indoors! Buy a potted tree or fern and stick it in one or several of the loneliest corners for immediate results. Not sure you’ll be able to keep it alive? Just be sure to water it 1-2 times a week or try faux plants, a great alternative that still gives a room a dramatic effect!
2. Change your color scheme with some bold colored throw blankets and pillows: This is one trick that will keep your interior design current through the trends, holidays and seasons! Whether you’re going for a dramatic royal purple accent or a bright, burnt orange compliment, these colors will lift your spirits every time you walk into the room.
3. Change your curtains, change your perspective: Give any room an instant face lift by simply changing out the curtains. Whether you’re going from bold to neutral or understated to sassy, this is one trick that will deliver instant results every time.
4. Add chair covers to spice up your dining room: There’s so much to love about this idea. Maybe you want to give the room a more elegant feel for a special dinner; these are so easy you can throw them on just for the night if you wish. Worried about your friend’s kid’s making a mess? Most chair covers come made in washing machine-friendly material.
5. Add a statement rug: This simple idea is so easy that you can use it whenever it suits your mood! Whether it’s in the bedroom, study or maybe even a walk-in closet, it’s sure to deliver a stylish impression.