Harvest Villages showcases new homebuilding approach enabling whole-home Wi-Fi, seamless voice control, online shopping and home automation as standard features
(September, 2017) – Lennar (NYSE: LEN and LEN.B), one of the nation’s largest builders, today unveiled Harvest Villages as one of the world’s first to include Wi-Fi CERTIFIED smart homes featuring integrated automation and voice control with Amazon Alexa – all a part of Lennar’s signature Everything’s Included® approach to homebuilding. Harvest Villages will debut the new model homes on Saturday, September 16. The public is encouraged to attend and discover state-of-the-art living in a Lennar home.
Lennar’s Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Home Design™ guarantees consistent, reliable coverage in every room of the home. This allows buyers to control a wide range of included smart products from the most innovative and reliable manufacturers – including Amazon, Baldwin, Honeywell, Lutron, Ring, Ruckus, Samsung and Sonos.
“We couldn’t be more excited to bring home automation and smart home technology to Harvest Villages as part of our Everything’s Included® program,” said Tara Conklin, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Lennar Inland. “We know that homebuyers are intrigued by the idea of living in a connected home and we’re proud to be able to offer these features at no additional price!”
Harvest Villages offers a fantastic collection of five distinctive floorplans for homeshoppers to choose from. Home sizes in this community range in size approximately from 2,820 to 4,122 square feet and offer up to seven bedrooms in the multigenerational The Home Within A Home® plan. Designed specifically for dual or extended family living situations, The Home Within A Home® design provides an attached private suite that comes with its own entrance, living room, bedroom, bathroom and kitchenette.
During the design of Lennar Wi-Fi CERTIFIED homes, every floor plan undergoes a rigorous process that includes mapping Wi-Fi signal strength and quality – taking into consideration building materials and other factors that can affect connectivity. That determines the placement of commercial-grade Ruckus Unleashed access points that are built right into the home during construction, according to demanding standards set by the Wi-Fi Alliance, the worldwide network of companies that drives the interoperability, adoption, and evolution of Wi-Fi globally.
In addition to the significant value Lennar’s signature Everything’s Included® program already offers – such as upgraded countertops and appliances – buyers also receive a wide range of smart products from top manufacturers that change the way they live in their new home at no additional cost. For example:
- Luxurious smart front-door lockset and hardware from Baldwin amd Kwikset allows secure, keyless and touch-to-open™ access at the front door. “There will be a wide array of Baldwin Evolved and Kwikset electronic and traditional locks included on these homes, offering homeowners unmatched style, convenience and touch-to-open technology,” said Phil Szuba, president of the Hardware and Home Improvement (HHI) division of Spectrum Brands, Inc. “By combining the highest architectural standards with advanced technology, we are helping homeowners unlock a whole new way of living.”
- Ring Video Doorbell gives homeowners a look at who’s at the front door even when they’re not home. “Ring is excited to be part of the revolutionary Wi-Fi CERTIFIED homes designed by Lennar,” said Jamie Siminoff, CEO and Founder of Ring. “Every home will feature Ring’s Elite Video Doorbell to offer residents an unmatched ability to keep tabs on what’s happening at their front door.”
- Smart climate control to keep the home comfortable and allow homeowners to save on energy costs with Honeywell thermostats. “Customers put their trust in Honeywell to help them enjoy peace of mind and savings that are possible with our family of connected thermostats,” said Scott Harkins, vice president, Honeywell Home and Building Technologies. “Our partnership with Lennar’s Wi-Fi Certified homes now make it easy for families to control their thermostats remotely from anywhere on a mobile device. We are excited to offer homeowners a thermostat in every home that delivers comfort when they are home and savings while they are away.”
- Reliable control of lights from anywhere inside or outside the home from Lutron, the company that’s been reliably dimming the lights in homes and offices for more than 55 years. “The right lighting can transform the look of the room and set the mood for any activity,” said Michael Smith, Vice President of Sales at Lutron. “Lutron smart lighting controls give homeowners the power to control both sunlight and the lighting in their home with a simple voice command, or via the Lutron app. This means you’ll always arrive to a well-lit home and can effortlessly create the perfect atmosphere for family movie night or entertaining friends.”
- Wireless music in any room with the Sonos home speaker. “We know that listening to music out loud throughout your home inspires more togetherness and happiness,” said Zack Kramer, Senior Director, AMPAC Marketing at Sonos. “Our partnership with Lennar’s Wi-Fi Certified Home Initiative makes it even easier for our customers to bring music into any room of their home.”
- Seamless integrated control with iOS or Android devices from anywhere in the world with Samsung SmartThings. “Samsung SmartThings gives homeowners a simple way to automate their daily routines with hundreds of different connected devices, allowing for better control and monitoring of their home from anywhere, with a few taps on their smartphones,” said Bill Lee, Vice President, Smart Home Product Marketing, Samsung Electronics America. “From changing the temperature with your voice using Amazon Alexa, to knowing who is ringing your doorbell, or turning on the lights before you arrive home, the possibilities are endless with Samsung SmartThings to make daily life easier for Lennar Wi-Fi CERTIFIED home buyers.”
“Living in a Lennar Wi-Fi CERTIFIED home design creates an experience once reserved for the technologically sophisticated – and now it’s within reach of every Lennar homebuyer at every price point,” Tara Conklin said. “We’ve engineered a home that weaves the best technology brands into daily life in ways that connect people and truly reflect how they live today.”
Lennar Inland will celebrate the launch of their new WiFi CERTIFIED smart homes on Saturday, September 16. at the Harvest Villages Welcome Home Center, located 11836 Crossbill Way in Jurupa Valley. For more information or complete directions visit www.lennar.com/inlandempire.
Lennar Corporation, founded in 1954, is one of the nation’s largest builders of quality homes for all generations. The Company builds affordable, move-up and retirement homes primarily under the Lennar brand name. Lennar’s Financial Services segment provides mortgage financing, title insurance and closing services for both buyers of the Company’s homes and others. Lennar’s Rialto segment is a vertically integrated asset management platform focused on investing throughout the commercial real estate capital structure. Lennar’s Multifamily segment is a nationwide developer of high-quality multifamily rental properties. Previous press releases and further information about the Company may be obtained at the “Investor Relations” section of the Company’s website, www.lennar.com.