There are many reasons we chose Waxhaw as the location for one of our most popular communities – Millbridge Meridian. In many ways it offers the best of both worlds; vibrant Union County offers small-town charm, yet it’s also only a short drive to the burgeoning city of Charlotte. Waxhaw, NC is the perfect choice for your family if you want all the benefits of living near a large urban center but prefer the quiet life,.
Millbridge: A Community That Offers It All
While we can continually sing the praises of Waxhaw, we can do the same for the popular community of Millbridge. Set on 900 acres, Millbridge is all about the connections between families and schools, activities and fun, and nature and great health. Last year it was named the 2019 Charlotte Community of the Year due to its bounty of amenities, which includes (but is not limited to):
- Activity Director: You can enjoy family-friendly events like Taco Tuesdays, disco nights, book clubs, and more.
- Basketball Court: Many residents shoot hoops in the large outdoor airnasium.
- Clubhouse: Known as the Community House, this is the perfect spot to meet up with friends and family or to relax with a good book.
- Community Center: This amenity offers a café and tons of meeting space.
- Fitness Center: Staying active is an easy task with a full fitness center right in the clubhouse.
- Playground: Kids of all sizes and ages love the big playground.
- Splash Park: Kids love the fun splash park, which has a giant water slide and a lazy river.
- Swimming Pool: Here you can swim some laps or just cool off in the full lap pool.
- Community Trails: Opportunities for walking and hiking abound—and you can connect with the larger Carolina Thread Trail, too.
Millbridge has so much to offer—and we didn’t even mention the exceptional schools that are close by.
Perfect for Those Who Enjoy Single-Story Living
Lennar’s Meridian village is nestled within Millbridge, and offers ranch and 2-story homes with brick and stone exteriors, and two-car garages. Each home is filled with our Everything’s Included® features, including voice-activated Home Automation and Wi-Fi Certification®.
There are many benefits to single-story living like affordability, open floor plans, and long-term practicality. Additionally, the main living space is on one level and access from one room to another is easy—including moving to an outdoor space like a patio or porch. The absence of stairs is also an important factor for those with young children or those looking to downsize.