You love to cook. You’ve perfected the meatball recipe passed down from your grandmother. You’ve protected the secret ingredient and haven’t fully decided if you want to pass it down to your pizza pocket loving kids.
Cooking while jamming out to Motown Classics in your new kitchen at Davidson East is your happy place. But, if you don’t feel like cooking, Davidson, NC is packed with great restaurants, cafes and coffee shops.
Not responsible for any drool or hunger caused by this list:
- Davidson Ice House: Chef Jenny Brulé has put together a menu of burgers, build-your-own bowls or wraps and appetizers that will make even the pickiest eaters (Yes, I am guilty of this) salivate. Davidson Ice House is located in a building built in 1922 that once served as, wait for it…the town’s actual ice house!! Vegan, gluten free, paleo, vegetarian options are available, and Chef Jenny is kind of a big deal.
- Famous Toastery: The self-proclaimed “Toastery with the Mostery,” Famous offers a menu that is decadent and nutritious, fresh and served to order quickly with top-level service and atmosphere. Have breakfast any time of the day with biscuits and gravy or stuffed French toast. Enjoy savory classics like a meatloaf sandwich or amazing salads made with fresh ingredients.
- Kindred: Founded by Davidson natives Joe and Katy Kindred, Kindred offers a holistic experience like those of the great food cities of the world. An array of small plates of contemporary cuisine that’s driven by fresh ingredients available during the season. Complimenting the menu, that changes daily, are freshly crafted cocktails to make the perfect pairing.
- Carrburrittos: Fresh ingredients, award-winning margaritas and incredible salsas define this fresh food with a funky vibe taqueria. A family-owned casual dining Mexican restaurant never disappoints. Go hungry. Generous portions made in the house might end up on your shirt…but wear it as a badge of honor!!! Did we mention the salsa?
- The Pickled Peach: Place your order, grab your beverage and get situated on the fully covered porch or back patio to enjoy possibly the best-grilled cheese ever. Dogs are welcome, children play and Davidson College students pretend to work while perfecting their Instagram stories. The farm to table style menu is full of soups, sandwiches, coffee and tea.
- Char-Grill: Even grill masters need a day off. Char-Grill has been serving amazing food since 1959 and has their burger recipe perfected. You get an amazing burger without the preparation or the clean-up. As an added bonus, you get to watch someone else battle the flames of an open grill.
- Ben & Jerry’s: Ice cream cones. Ice cream cups. Ice cream cake. We’re seeing a pattern here.
- Summit Coffee: Great coffee, community and collaboration serves as the motto of this Davidson favorite. Stop by for craft coffee, in-house baked goods, beer and wine, live music and events for an experience you won’t forget. Don’t have to sit and chat? Grab a bag of fresh ground coffee for home.
Situated just 20 miles north of Charlotte on the banks of Lake Norman, Davidson provides a perfect opportunity to live near the 17th largest city in the United States while avoiding the day-to-day grind of living in the city.