Now that you’re stuffed from our Reasons to love living in Davidson, NC: Foodie Edition suggestions, it’s time to find some entertainment for you and the family. Located just minutes from Davidson East, you’ll have no problem finding family fun or unwinding with a leave-the-kids-with-a-sitter night out.
Here are a few of our favorites:
- Davidson College: Located in the heart of Davidson, NC, the college is an experience all in its own. The Wildcats provide excitement across 19 NCAA Division 1 level sports. You might have even heard of Stephen Curry who is a Davidson College legend. Davidson offers athletic camps for kids, concerts, research symposiums, photography exhibits and a full schedule of cultural and educational events.
- Lake Norman: Located a short walk away from downtown Davidson, Lake Norman is the largest man-made lake in the Carolinas. Lake Norman State Park provides the perfect place for a picnic, camping or a lazy afternoon in the sun with a great book. Looking for a little more action? Lake Norman’s 520 miles of shoreline offers amazing fishing, boating, action sports, paddleboard rentals, and lessons or a relaxing sunset cruise around the lake. Boat launches, boat storage, boat rentals and gas stops make sure everyone can enjoy the water.
- Davidson Farmer’s Market: Designed to be a lively gathering place for friends, families and neighbors, the Davidson Farmer’s Market is located in downtown Davidson and brings 35 farmers and local producers together every Saturday from 8 am – 12 pm. You will find fresh locally grown fruits, vegetables, meats and cheeses, bread, eggs, honey, flowers, soaps and much more. Musical performances, cooking demonstrations and special events keep everyone entertained and coming back each week.
- Christmas in Davidson: If you’ve ever wanted to live in a Hallmark movie, Christmas in Davidson is your chance. An annual tradition since 1988, the event kicks off the holiday season by offering everyone three magical nights of holiday family fun. Horse-drawn carriage rides, hot chocolate, art projects, Christmas tree village, live music and a chance to personally speak to the big guy himself (SANTA!!!!!) brings more than 20,000 visitors each year.
- Downtown Davidson: The lively area of downtown Davidson is packed with Southern charm in a small-town atmosphere. Stroll along flower-lined sidewalks while you check out unique shops, restaurants and cafes. Grab a coffee while the kids enjoy the playgrounds among the giant oak trees.
Situated just 20 miles north of Charlotte, NC, on the banks of Lake Norman, Davidson provides a perfect opportunity to live near the 17th largest city in the United States while avoiding the day-to-day grind of living in the city.