From millennials to perennials, Central Florida offers year-round fun for everyone – with an unlimited supply of exciting one-night staycations. Staycations are all the range in Orlando, offering memory-seekers access to world-class experiences, without the cost of airfare. Orlando has a unique geographical positioning, travel 60 minutes in one direction to reach the Atlantic Ocean or 90 minutes in the other direction to reach the Gulf of Mexico – plus Central Florida is officially the epicenter of world-class theme park entertainment. Here are some unique ways to turn any weekend into a memory- filled vacation:
- The Hard Rock Hotel on Daytona Beach offers trendy rooms just a few steps from the Atlantic Ocean. Watch the sunrise and check out the spa and gym before beginning your surfside adventure. For some real speed, check out Daytona International Speedway.
- The Bohemian Hotel in Celebration is tucked away in the picturesque town of Celebration, Florida. Enjoy a step back in time with this hometown downtown shopping and dining area – plus it’s located just three miles from the entrance to Walt Disney World Resort.
- Loews Portofino Bay Hotel transports guests to the quaint seaside Italian town of Portofino, Italy. The experience is complete with authentic architecture, entertainment, and cuisine. Water taxis transport to Universal Studios Florida, Universal’s Islands of Adventure and Universal City Walk.
- There are currently more than 25 Disney Resort hotel locations to pick from when staying at Walt Disney World Resort, from budget-conscious to luxurious. A favorite for locals is Disney’s BoardWalk Resort, reminiscent of Coney Island or Atlantic City, the resort features a carnival-themed pool and a quarter-mile promenade of exquisite dining, unique shops, and exciting nightlife.
- Gaylord Palms – Closed to all major attractions, you leave the world behind when you enter this Floridian oasis. The soaring glass atrium showcases three historically authentic Florida experiences. You can feed the alligators in the Everglades, stroll down the cobblestone streets of St. Augustine and take in the picturesque scenery and vibrant colors of Key West. Enjoy each area’s uniquely themed dining and entertainment.
- Winter Park, Florida is a local treasure, to get a sense of the rich history and natural beauty of the area start with a scenic boat tour. Book your room at The Alfond Inn, a stylish boutique hotel owned by the historic Rollins College. The Inn is known for its cutting edge art exhibits and rooftop pool. Enjoy a delicious slow-food lunch before heading to Park Avenue for one of Central Florida’s most authentic shopping experiences.
For more ways to turn any Central Florida weekend into a memorable staycation, check out Lennar’s Open-Door Blog.