Fall means back to school, football, pumpkin-spiced lattes and warm colors. Here are five tips for your new Lennar home, from fun DIY projects to simple décor ideas, to give your home that cozy autumnal feel:
- White pumpkins are in style. Today’s fashionable homes feature popular new breeds of albino pumpkin. With names like Lumina, Cotton Candy, Full Moon, Polar Bear or miniature Baby Boo, these gourds are perfect for carving, painting or topping with lace doilies. Arrange them in a fall centerpiece or around your lanai.
- Reds, yellows, magentas and browns decorate trees—and lawns—for our neighbors to the north, but fall in Florida shouldn’t give you the blues. Add seasonal colors to your home with blankets and throw pillows featuring stripes and plaids. Bed sheets and duvet covers, and kitchen and bath towels with fall hues make your home cozier still.
- Fall is the perfect time for arts & crafts projects. Make wreaths of corn husks, cranberries, sprays of sage and shafts of wheat. Create arrangements of fall flowers, such as heavenly bamboo (also called nandina) or the gorgeous Chapman rhododendron, a type of azalea that only occur naturally in Florida.
- Rustic-inspired decorations are all the rage. Vintage pails and antique wagons make perfect vases and set pieces for fall crafts that exude an old-fashioned fall feel.
- Fall is also about fragrances. Prepare a simmer pot of citrus peels, apple and pear skins, cloves, cinnamon, lavender or nutmeg. Add water from time to time, and enjoy the perfume of Fall.