There’s no better time to add some fresh new recipes to your arsenal! Whether you’ve got appetizing elotes (eh-LO-tays) or some crowd-pleasing queso on the table, these recipes are sure to become a staple in your rotating dinner menu.
Elotes (Mexican Street Corn)
Using just a few simple ingredients, you can cook up some fresh Mexican Street Corn in just 15 minutes. The fresh corn on the cob, sour cream, and chili powder will spice up your dinner sides. Plus, it’s easy enough to add to your routine any night of the week.
- 6 medium fresh ears of corn
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Mexican crema or sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (from 1 medium lime)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup crumbled cotija cheese (Parmesan will work if you can’t find cotija)
- 1 medium lime, cut into wedges, for serving
Follow these steps
- While heating your grill to high, whisk mayonnaise, crema, lime juice, chili powder, and cumin in a medium bowl. Transfer mixture to tall, narrow drinking glass.
- Grill the corn uncovered until some kernels begin to char, about 2-3 minutes per side, for a total of 12 to fifteen minutes. Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Hold the glass of sauce at an angle, then dip an ear of corn into the mixture, turning to coat completely.
- Roll the dipped cob into crumbled cheese to coat completely and serve. Finish it up with a sprinkle of lime for some added flavor!
Cheesy Avocado Quesadillas
If you’ve got a busy day before dinner, these quesadillas are a quick, upgraded twist on a classic. Even your pickiest eater will lick their plate clean with this recipe. Pair it with your elote for a complete meal!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chiles drained
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 (16-ounce) can refried beans, heated
- 2 avocados, peeled, halved, seeded and sliced
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Follow these steps:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Heat olive oil in a skillet on medium high heat and cook ground beef until browned. Drain excess fat and stir in taco seasoning and green chiles.
- Top tortilla with refried beans, ground beef mixture, avocado, and mozzarella. Then top with another tortilla. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Place quesadillas onto the prepared baking sheet. Place into oven and bake until cheese has melted, about 8-10 minutes.
- Serve immediately, and enjoy!
With recipes like these, you’re sure to make your dinner shine! Elotes make delicious veggie appetizers. When they’re paired with cheesy quesadillas, you have an easy meal that will keep everyone full and satisfied. For more ways to enjoy spicing up dinners made in your new kitchen, and for tons more recipes, be sure to Like Lennar on Facebook!