When the chill in the air turns to a warm breeze, the sun begins to poke out from behind dark gray clouds and new colorful flowers and green buds bloom, you know spring has officially sprung.
While us Floridians are fortunate enough to escape the brutal winters of the north, there’s still a sense of “new beginnings” and the desire to start fresh in the springtime. Here are five tips to help you effortlessly tackle your spring cleaning project this year.
1.Make a plan – To keep from getting overwhelmed, prioritize rooms and tackling one at a time What are the areas of your home most in need of organizing and de-cluttering? Start there.
2. De-Clutter – Start by selling, donating or throwing away items you don’t need. You’ll spend less time organizing the things you do need when you have fewer things to sift through.
3. Organize – Once you’ve eliminated unnecessary items, it’s time to organize what you do need. Whether it’s important documents, family photos or art supplies it’s important to keep everything neat and tidy. Brainstorm how you can make things more accessible. This may mean labeling, boxing or utilizing other creative techniques to help save space and increase efficiency.
4. Clean – Oh yes, the fun part!
- When it comes to cleaning, start at the top and work your way down. Make sure you dust fans and shelves before vacuuming the carpet.
- Use a high-quality vacuum and empty it frequently for optimal performance.
- Wash all linens, couch covers, dog beds and fabric curtains with stain remover and fabric softener.
- Clean windows on both sides and remember to wipe from the top to the bottom of the window for best results.
5. Replace – In addition to trading in older linens for fresh ones, it’s important to remember to replace other items like HVAC filters.
Spring cleaning may sound like a chore at first, but the results are worth the work. Don’t forget to recruit your family to lend a hand in the process!
With these tips, you’re on your way to a fresh start. For more tips and tricks for homeowners, like us on Facebook.