Congratulations! You have decided to start the process of buying a new home. Whether you are a first-time buyer or you have already owned several homes, we understand the process of home buying can sometimes be overwhelming. Lennar is here to offer support, some insider tips and provide you a step-by-step guide to simplify your path to homeownership.
Finding Your Dream Home
Now that you have made the decision to buy a home, the first step is to begin researching what type of home you are interested in purchasing – attached, detached, single-story or multi-level – and what location you prefer. You will also want to consider the overall area including community amenities, schools, parks, shopping and recreation, low crime rates and your daily commute. Most of this initial research can be done online.
City websites and Chamber of Commerce websites are great sources for information.
You will also need to decide whether you will work with a real estate agent or if you prefer to research and tour the homes on your own.
New Homes vs. Resale
New homes are built with more recent code requirements and energy efficient technology. Some of the additional benefits of buying new are:
- Move-in ready with few repairs and updates needed to the home.
- Brand-new features and amenities.
- Have the reassurance of warranties on the structure, roofing, appliances, etc.
- New homes have modern designs and advanced technology.
- New homes are more energy efficient than older homes.
- Today’s building materials are low maintenance, which can mean lower repair costs.
- Healthier components that can reduce the risk of mold, lesson exposure to pests, reduced levels of lead and other harmful chemicals.
Find your dream home in a Lennar Community in your desired location.