Reno, Nev. – November 2017 – Celebrate the season of giving by donating canned food for the Food Bank of Northern Nevada at any one of Lennar Reno’s Welcome Home Centers across the greater Reno market. The Thanksgiving-themed food drive will be collecting goods for families in need until November 30 and can be found at Lennar Welcome Home Centers in Reno and Sparks.
“We love hosting this food drive every year and ask anyone who wants to donate nonperishable food items to bring them in,” said Dustin Barker, Division President for Lennar Reno. “It’s a great way to celebrate the start of the year-end holidays and embrace the season of giving.”
Examples of items the food drive is looking for includes Thanksgiving-themed nonperishable items as well as the following:
- Canned meats: stews, soups, spaghetti/ravioli
- Proteins: peanut butter, tuna, salmon, chicken, dried or canned beans
- Grains: whole grain cereal, oatmeal, brown rice, whole grain pasta
- Fruits: canned (packed in 100% juice or light syrup), dried fruit, applesauce, 100% fruit juice boxes
- Vegetables: canned (no salt added and/or low-sodium preferred)
- Dairy: shelf stable milk
- Kid-friendly snacks: granola bars, popcorn, animal crackers, graham crackers
- Baby products: formula, infant cereal, baby food
Find donation stations at Lennar Welcome Home Centers across the Northern Nevada market. With several active communities in Sparks and Reno, visit www.lennar.com/reno to find the one closest to you today!
With hundreds of communities nationwide and homes designed for first-time, move-up and luxury homebuyers, Lennar has grown to become one of the nation’s leading and most respected homebuilders. Lennar has a longstanding history of building homes of enduring quality in only the most well planned and desirable locations throughout the country.