In response to the changing demographics of both families and households in the United States over the past decade, Lennar Homes created a solution for multigenerational families searching for homes that accommodated their needs. This demand for “two homes under one roof” and the perfect balance of privacy and togetherness resulted in a new type of housing:The Home Within A Home®.
It is the perfect solution for multigenerational family and has become quite popular in this niche over a short period of time. For the family you’re raising and the family that raised you. Lennar is the first production homebuilder to offer a solution for the multigenerational family, living under one roof. The Home Within a Home® suite provides both privacy and togetherness for today’s modern family—featuring a separate private entrance, bedroom, bathroom, laundry, eat-in kitchenette and living room.
Lennar’s The Home Within a Home is not just for multigenerational families anymore. The Home Within a Home has become a staple in the host of new home designs throughout Lennar communities. Not just because multigenerational families adore it as a solution, but also because a substantial number of other homebuyers (not looking for a multigenerational living solution) adore it for the sheer number of options it creates.
Popular Uses of The Home Within a Home® Plan:
- Multigenerational Living: With millions of multigenerational families in the United States, this is still one of the most popular uses of the plan. From kids coming home to get on their feet after college to having aging parents close, tThe Home Within a Home is the perfect landing for families that stick together.
- Working from Home: Business owners alike are turning to The Home Within a Homeas the perfect solution to stay close to home, but have a place to “go to work.”
- Live-in Care: Some homeowners utilize the separate living quarters to provide room and board for live-in caregivers: nurses, CNAs, housekeepers, nannies, etc. It allows for privacy, the financial advantage of providing a valuable benefit at low cost, and accessibility.
- Rental Space: Some homeowners are getting close to a multigenerational lifestyle by renting out their home within a home to close friends or distant family members who need a place to stay with someone they “know.” (For instance, when their family is relocated for work and they have to stick around or when they get accepted to a college in the area, but can’t afford the costs of boarding, etc.)
- Co-parenting Solution: In today’s society, divorce is no longer a rarity and some are making surprising headway towards a more affordable post-divorce life by using The Home Within a Home plan to provide private accommodations for each of the spouses while the kids retain access to both of their parents. Parents are finding this can be a great advantage when attempting to coordinate a positive co-parenting relationship post-divorce.
Just to be clear, this is the short list. Homebuyers are a creative bunch and they continue to introduce to us at Lennar, new and exciting ways to use The Home Within a Home to their benefit. We always look forward to hearing new stories of how The Home Within a Home improved the lives of Lennar families. The Home Within a Home is currently available at a number of new home communities in the Raleigh area including: Cedar Lakes, Traditions at Wake Forest, Austin Creek, Wendell Falls, and Sherron Farms. Get in touch with a New Home Consultant in your area to check on lot availability today.