The first holiday season you spend in your new home is a joyous occasion, and a true reason to celebrate. It’s a time when you can create new traditions, and family memories to last for generations to come! Plan on a very special holiday season in your brand new Lennar home with these festive ideas, and make this a year that you’ll always remember.
- Host a holiday housewarming party. If you haven’t yet hosted a housewarming party for your family and friends, the holiday season is the perfect time to do so. Whether you want to have a laid-back cocktail party with finger foods or a full-blown holiday meal, sharing your home with the people you love is one of the best gifts that you can give.
- Deck the halls. Decorate your new Lennar home just the way you want, with strands of sparkling lights, live boughs of evergreen, bright red stockings, glowing candles and a new wreath for the front door. Buy a few new decorations just for fun – you don’t have to spend a lot of money. You may also want to invest in one amazing piece so that you’ll always remember the first holiday in your new Lennar home, such as a new Christmas tree or Hanukkah menorah.
- Meet your neighbors. Still haven’t met your neighbors? The holidays provide an ideal opportunity to walk over and say hello. Most people feel a little awkward meeting new people. But if you bring a small bag of treats, like homemade cookies or candies, it will give you a topic of conversation. Plus, you’ll immediately be put on your neighbor’s “Nice List!”
- Stop and celebrate. All too often in life, we move so fast that we forget to stop and be thankful for our successes and to thank those who have been a part of our journey. Moving into a new Lennar home is an incredible achievement, and it deserves to be celebrated in style with the ones we care for. Host a “we did it” dinner for your family, sip Champagne with your best friend, or simply take a moment to reflect.
- Start a new tradition. Now’s the time to begin a new holiday ritual. Pick something fun that everyone will enjoy, and that doesn’t require too much work. Pose for a family photo at the front door, instill game night, or plan a funny movie night with your family!
Lennar wants to help you celebrate the holidays in your new home. Give your family – and yourself – the extraordinary gift of a brand new place to live and start creating memories for your lifetime. Contact us today!