Life in South Florida is delicious. This region features a bold culinary personality, influenced by colorful Caribbean flavors, top-shelf seafood, Southern comfort cuisine, and cutting-edge international flavors. When you live in a Lennar community, you can experience some of the world’s best food festivals. Here are some of our favorites:
- South Beach Wine & Food Festival: A massive foodie event that features many of the world’s top chefs and culinary personalities, this lavish celebration takes place on the sands of South Beach. Sponsored by the Food Network and Food & Wine Magazine, the festival includes special pairing dinners, demonstrations, and tasting tents.
- Stone Crab Festival: Sweet and succulent, the tender stone crab is the star of this seafood celebration, which takes place at Naples and Marco Island. Feast on the tender crustacean at a family-friendly block party on the waterfront, with live music, entertainment, and kids activities.
- Palm Beach Food & Wine Fest: Considered one of the top culinary festivals in the nation, this upscale event features five-course dinners with wine pairings, kids cooking classes, and specialty cocktail and hors d’oeuvres receptions. The fun caps off with a giant grand tasting and cooking competition.
- Baconfest: Salty. Savory. Crisp and delicious. Let the sizzling sounds of frying bacon lead you to this delectable event. Treat yourself to bacon-infused delights such as bacon salad, chocolate-dipped bacon, and bacon frozen yogurt. Play bacon-themed games and watch a bacon-eating contest.
- Taste of the Beach: Showcasing the finest creations from best chefs in Fort Myers, this event lets you sample the signature dishes of more than 20 local restaurants – and vote on the winner. Enjoy live music and entertainment on the main stage during the event.
- Key Lime Festival: Perky and pungent, the bright green key lime is the focus of this island celebration, which takes place over the Fourth of July weekend. Along with the world’s largest Key lime pie, you can enjoy the Miss Key Lime pageant, Key Lime Cocktail Sip and Stroll, Key lime pie eating contests, and cooking demonstrations.
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp Festival: Discover shrimp galore at this savory event: fried, broiled and grilled. Shop at a craft market with 100+ local vendors, enjoy a shrimp parade along Estero Boulevard, and watch the crowning of the Shrimp Festival Queen.
- Boca Raton Food & Wine Festival: With vineyard parties and VIP dinners under the stars, this stylish event features three days of deliciousness. Don’t miss the craft beer battle and the Grand Tasting finale.
- Miami Beach International Foodies Festival: Presenting itself as the affordable alternative to the ritzy South Beach Wine& Food Festival, this one-day event features oodles of samples. You’ll also find a comedy lounge, hot rod car show, cooking demonstrations and a KidZone for the tots.
- Key West Food & Wine Festival: Head down to funky Key West for this popular celebration, which showcases the vibrant spirit of the island. Parties abound during the winter event, which also includes a green market, wine and movie pairings, neighborhood strolls and exclusive tastings.
Learn more about the South Florida Lifestyle and find your Dream Lennar Home at one of our more than 30 communities throughout Southeast Florida by contacting one of our experts today!