Seattle, Wash. – November 2018 – Lennar’s revolutionary Next Gen® – The Home Within A Home® was recently recognized in an article by The New York Times titled The New American Dream Home is One You Never Have to Leave, which highlighted the continue benefits of a multigenerational home. Since its inception in 2011, Next Gen® home designs have continued to become some of the most popular offered across Lennar communities.
“We’ve seen many different family types benefit from living in a multigenerational home. These families really love and value being able to see one another every day,” said Bill Salvesen, Division President for Lennar Seattle. “Whether it’s a family with young kids whose live-in grandparents act as full time nannies, young adults still living at home or aging grandparents who may benefit from living closer to family — Next Gen® floorplans are all about keeping these families together in a functional environment for both parties.”
Every Next Gen® home design includes an attached private suite that comes with its own separate entrance, living room, bedroom, bathroom and kitchenette. The layout also includes an interior lockable door between the two homes, which allows for as much direct access or privacy between the two residences as desired. Lennar Seattle is thrilled to offer several Next Gen® home designs:
- The Bainbridge is one of Lennar Seattle’s most popular Next Gen® home. Providing approximately 3,183 square feet of living space with four bedrooms and three and one-half bathrooms, the Bainbridge offers a three or four-car garage per community.
- The McKinley plan offers 3,316 square feet of living space with four bedrooms, three and one-half bathrooms and a two-bay garage. The suite is situated on the first floor of this three-story home.
- The Denali plan offers 3,471 square feet of spacious living space with five bedrooms and four and one-half bathrooms.
- A new plan, the Anderson, is a two-story home that offers 4,105 square feet with five bedrooms, four and one-half bathrooms and a three-bay garage. The suite enjoys an extended living space with two designated areas, along with a retreat in the bedroom.
- The Vashon is another new plan and is similar to the Anderson plan. Providing 4,126 square feet with five bedrooms and four and done-half bathrooms, this home has a split three-bay garage, with the split one-bay garage directly attached to the suite.
Home shoppers can find Next Gen® homes at a majority of the communities Lennar Seattle builds across the Puget Sound. To start your search, visit www.lennar.com/seattle.
Lennar Corporation, founded in 1954, is one of the nation’s leading builders of quality homes for all generations. Lennar builds affordable, move-up and active adult homes primarily under the Lennar brand name. Lennar’s Financial Services segment provides mortgage financing, title insurance and closing services for both buyers of Lennar’s homes and others. Lennar’s Rialto segment is a vertically integrated asset management platform focused on investing throughout the commercial real estate capital structure. Lennar’s Multifamily segment is a nationwide developer of high-quality multifamily rental properties. Previous press releases and further information about Lennar may be obtained at the “Investor Relations” section of Lennar’s website, www.lennar.com.