From block parties to fireworks and balloon drops, Tampa Bay knows how to ring in the New Year. Lennar Tampa’s 70-plus communities are virtually around the corner from hundreds of events to usher out the old year and celebrate the start of 2019.
Of course, midnight’s ubiquitous ball drop draws partygoers to restaurants and clubs everywhere, but there’s so much more to do. Here’s a sample of several New Year’s Eve festivities, all of them Instagram-worthy and many that are family-friendly:
- Sail into the New Year: At Tampa’s popular waterfront spot, The Sail, a block party with food trucks, free party favors and a complimentary champagne toast ends the year with a midnight fireworks spectacular over the water.
- Balloon Drop: At Armature Works in Tampa, children get to enjoy their own New Year’s party, with a magic show, a countdown to noon and a balloon drop from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Outback Bowl Parade: More than a dozen high school bands and the marching bands from the bowl teams, Mississippi State Bulldogs and Iowa Hawkeyes, march down Ybor City’s 7th Avenue from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. in this family-friendly New Year’s Eve street party.
- First Night in St. Pete: St. Petersburg’s 26th First Night, a year-ending celebration of the arts, features live music, entertainment, a bubble stomp, puppets, a scavenger hunt and more. Festivities start at 4 p.m. in venues throughout the city. Of course, there are fireworks, too.
- Yes, fireworks: Fireworks shows are everywhere. The entire Tampa Bay area has plenty of room for boom to blast away the old year. Apollo Beach lights up the midnight skies with what’s billed as the largest New Year’s Eve fireworks show in Florida. Light It Up Clearwater invites you to relax with your toes in the sand at Clearwater Beach while fireworks usher in 2019. Both events are free, as are many more throughout Tampa Bay.
We’re excited about 2019, with new homes for sale in new communities in and around Tampa, throughout Hillsborough and Pasco counties and beyond. To learn more, visit our website or call (877) 475-3662. Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram.