It’s easy to be green across the Portland Metro and Southwest Washington area with so many transportation options and locally-sourced goodies. But smart living really starts at home – and lucky for everyone, green is Lennar’s favorite color! Lennar homes embrace the latest energy-efficient features and technology and are certified by the Energy Trust of Oregon to deliver beautiful homes that help save homeowners money and reduce their environmental impact.
Lennar homes are built with energy-efficient construction and included features to enhance the quality of your home, decrease your monthly utility bills and reduce your carbon footprint. And with Lennar’s Everything’s Included® program, everything comes as standard, meaning no extra cost. Save big with:
- Low-E, dual-pane windows that reflect heat from the sun while letting natural light brighten a room – plus energy from your heater does not escape outside but is returned to the interior of the home
- Improved insulation techniques help to minimize gaps and higher thermal properties (R-value) add to energy efficiency
- Designed and properly sealed duct system to improve comfort and efficiency
- LED and compact fluorescent bulbs are included instead of less efficient incandescent bulbs
- Programmable thermostats regulate your home’s temperature year-round
- High-efficiency ENERGY STAR®-rated water heater and dishwashers help save money by using less energy
Energy Performance Score (EPS) Certification
Every Lennar home receives an Energy Performance Score™ (EPS) Certification by the Energy Trust of Oregon, which is an energy performance scoring tool that can tell buyers how energy-efficient a newly built home is and how much it costs to operate it. To determinate the score, a third-party verifier analyzes the home’s features and construction techniques, from the insulation in the ceiling, walls, and floors, to the windows, lighting, water heater and the tightness of the building envelope.
Because of EPS measures and rates the net energy consumptions and carbon footprint of a newly constructed home, the lower the score, the more energy-efficient the home is. With scores ranging from zero to 200+, with zero being the most efficient, Lennar homes average in the low 60s. With EPS, home shoppers can compare how their Lennar home fares to other similar-sized homes in regard to energy, see their estimated annual energy use, review the green features in the home and see what their estimated utility costs would be before even buying.
The Result – A Better Living Experience
Home shoppers can expect a high-quality home built well above code and thoroughly tested for maximum performance. With an EPS certification, residents can be confident in their home’s performance and will enjoy:
- Comfort in every room of their home
- Consistent temperatures throughout
- Low-energy costs
- Healthy indoor air quality
- Solar-ready in select communities
- Savings year-round
Ready to Find YOUR Dream Home?
From Banks to Gresham and from Ridgefield to Canby, Lennar builds new home communities in desirable neighborhoods across the Portland Metro and Southwest Washington area. Whether you are looking for townhomes, duplexes, single-family homes or a multigenerational Next Gen® – The Home Within A Home® design, Lennar has something for everyone.
Explore a wide variety of unique floorplan styles and price ranges to choose from, as well as many quick move-in homes at www.LennarPortland.com.