Honor American heroes during Memorial Day Weekend and kick off your summer in Nashville! Whether it is honoring the past, seeing an art exhibit, spending time with family, catching a sporting event, or enjoying yourself at a music show, Nashville has it all! For those of you who serve, we thank you and welcome you and your families to enjoy the sights, sounds and good times and hope you have a wonderful time in Music City.
From the Amazing Scavenger Hunt Adventure at the Country Music Hall of Fame to Fort Fest 2019 at Fort Houston – there is a wide variety of activities (including movies at the zoo, a flea market, firework shows, and more) paying tribute to our fallen armed-services heroes.
Below you will find an abbreviated list of family-friendly events in-and-around Nashville, with something for everyone – just around the corner from Lennar’s 9 communities that stretch from Spring Hill to Murfreesboro to Hendersonville.
- On May 24th, Nashville Shores opens daily for the summer (and is open until August 5th)! Here you can stay cool in the sun, and play with the family in over 1 million gallons of summer fun that include thrilling slides, a wave pool, a lazy river, pools, and a beautiful beach, lake cruises, and more family-friendly activities. Nashville Shores also features a Treetop Adventure Park which is an aerial adventure course set in the beautiful woods with suspended bridges, 10 zip lines, cargo nets, ladders, Tarzan jumps and more! If you’d like to stay at Nashville Shores Lakeside Resort, they have family-friendly campers’ paradise options – with first-class amenities, activities for all ages, and spectacular views – featuring 20 deluxe lakeside cabins and more than 100 RV site.
- May 26th – Memorial Day Fireworks: Fireworks at Nashville Shores are like two shows in one with the beautiful reflections of color on Percy Priest Lake. Fireworks are included with a season pass or that day’s waterpark admission. Fireworks will begin at dusk at approximately 8:30 p.m. The park hours on all firework days are 10 am – 8 pm. The Lagoon Pool will remain open until right before the fireworks.
2019 Nashville Boogie Vintage Weekender & Car Show: This is a celebration of Mid-Century American music, culture and style at the Opryland Hotel from May 23rd – May 26th! You’ll enjoy many acts on 5 stages over 4 days at 3 venues from! Events included are a large outdoor car show, a western fashion show, vintage vendor market, pinup contest, and a record convention.
BMX Music City Nationals: In conjunction with Military Appreciation Month, and the Music City Nationals – USA BMX will be honoring military, their families, and first responders with activities and tributes throughout the weekend’s race at Music City BMX, from May 24-26th in Nashville. Music City BMX will welcome guest of honor, Captain Jon Turnbull, his wife, Samantha, and his son, Ian. In addition, USA BMX will be selling limited-edition jerseys where net proceeds will benefit the Gary Sinise Foundation – an organization with the mission of “we serve our nation by honoring our defenders, veterans, first responders, their families and those in need”. The weekend’s racing competition will include pros and amateurs from all over the country – including Olympic Gold Medalist, Connor Fields – with a special opening ceremony with veteran riders lining the track.
- May 24th – Zoovie Night: At 6 PM, join the Nashville Zoo for a fun family night under the stars! Zoovie Nights includes games, inflatables, music, and after-hours access to the carousel and zip line! When the sun goes down, the evening’s feature film will play on a large screen, so pack a blanket and head to the Zoo!
- May 25th – Zzzoofari Slumber: This is an overnight camp session for families where you can experience a unique camping trip and sleep under the stars, just a short distance away from the snoozing animals! There will be a variety of activities during the evening, such as; jungle gyms, the Wild Animal Carousel, the Soaring Eagle Zipline, hayrides, animal shows, corn hole, inflatables and a campfire with a marshmallow roast! A full breakfast will be provided the next morning!
Fort Fest 2019: Located at Fort Houston on May 24th-26th, starting at 8 pm, see featured live performances!
Atlanta Braves Country Road Trip: The Atlanta Braves will be traveling to Nashville, Tennessee to host an afternoon of baseball skills competition on May 24th, at the Music City Walk of Fame Park. Challenges for youth will include Wiffle Ball Home Run Derby, a pitching challenge, and a baserunning challenge. This event is for youth 7-18 years old> Youth will be able to interact with Braves alumni at the event!
Kidsville at the Parthenon: Kidsville at the Parthenon is a great FREE way to experience the Parthenon, the centerpiece of Centennial Park, Nashville’s premier urban park on May 25th. This FREE weekly program combines storytelling, educational activities, arts & crafts, musicians and special guests!
Andrew Jackson’s Hermitage: Home of the People’s President:
- May 25th – Dog Days: Bring your canine friends and enjoy the trails and grounds of Andrew Jackson’s Hermitage! This new monthly series will allow dogs and their humans to enjoy the acreage of The Hermitage every last Saturday of the month, from May through November.
- May 27th – For Duty & Honor: Tennessee’s Mexican War Experience: In 1846, tens of thousands of Tennesseans responded to the Federal government’s call to arms, far surpassing the government’s request and securing the state’s long-lasting title as The Volunteer State. Join Andrew Jackson’s Hermitage this Memorial Day to hear the stories of the Tennesseans who volunteered to fight in the Mexican-American War of 1846-48.
Special Holiday Weekend: At Arrington Vineyard – all weekend long, experience live music, food trucks, and beautiful scenery!
Memorial Day Ceremony: At 10:30 am on Monday, May 27th, please join for a Memorial Day Ceremony at Old Hickory Veterans Memorial Park. Veterans Memorial Park of Old Hickory is a non-profit organization currently working to honor all men and women from the 37138 zip code who have served the country in one of the armed forces.
And finally, the Memorial Day Dash 5K. On May 27th – in Nashville, TN AND Hendersonville, TN – take part in the 20th anniversary run! Dress patriotically and get movin’!