The charming city of Lebanon, TN, is home to the Wilson County State Fair (one of the state’s top summer fairs)! The city’s business climate is diverse, and Lebanon is home to the headquarters for restaurant chain Cracker Barrel. Known for its abundant cedar trees, Lebanon has plentiful outdoor recreational activities and locations, such as Cedars of Lebanon State Park. This charming town, located in the heart of Wilson County, offers an amazing quality of life in the picture-perfect small-town setting just 25 miles east of downtown Nashville.
Next week, on the 16th – the Wilson County Fair kicks off! From the 16th – the 24th, folks can come to enjoy the food, the midway, the livestock, the live music, and experience this amazing community and agriculturally based fair. The fair promotes beef cattle, dairy cattle, goats, sheep, hogs, horses, mules and donkeys, row crops, forages, canning, baking, crafts, photography, art, quilts, lots of different types of handmade items, vegetables, flowers, fruits, dogs, cats, AND bees! Something for every fairgoer! The Wilson County Fair aims to promote, encourage and stimulate the civic welfare and betterment of Wilson County and the surrounding geographical area, through the promotion, encouragement, and maintenance of interest in agriculture, labor, industry, recreation, business, commerce, trade, and any other civic function or interest.
Don’t miss taking a stroll through Fiddlers Grove History Village and step back in time and remember how people used to live. There are rides and all kinds of fair foods that are sure to put smiles on faces and make memories for the whole family that will last a lifetime. The fair has contracted with Reithoffer Shows this year with an expanded midway and a 65-foot Euro Slide that will make it’s first of four U.S. visits to fairs this year. There will also be two roller coasters, 18 “major rides”, 14 “spectacular rides” and an expanded Kiddie Land that will have 23 child-friendly rides.
Rob Frye, one of Lennar Nashville’s New Home Consultants, will be at the fair with a Lennar booth sharing information about the new community, Vineyard Grove, opening up in Lebanon, TN.
“Really excited to see the former Lebanon golf course transition into a vibrant Lennar community!”
Vineyard Grove will feature single-family homes as well as townhomes! With the selection of two charming collections, there is a home for everyone.
Located in the heart of Wilson County, Lebanon is a scenic city known for its abundant cedar trees and walkable streets. Off of Hunters Point Pike, Vineyard Grove is conveniently located to local shopping such as the historic Mill at Lebanon, dining, and entertainment. Be the first to learn about these new homes for sale in Lebanon. Join the VIP list to receive special offers, upcoming events, and to have the first choice of homesites! Hurry space is limited!
Wilson County Fair will also be featuring the following:
– Sea Lion Splash: Shows will include sea lion tricks, demonstrations, and education, located inside the Purple Ticket Gate.
– Camel Kingdom: Six camels will be on exhibit and available for rides on the Volunteer Stage beside the Poultry/Rabbit Barn.
– Entertainment: Popular hypnotist Michael Blaine, ventriloquist David Turner, Doodles the Clown, Wade Henry atop stilts, and the Banana Derby!
– Music: Daily entertainment on five stages. Highlights include Country Music Hall of Famer, Ronnie Milsap with the Jimmy Bowen Band, Confederate Railroad with Buddy Jewell, and more as part of the Bates Ford Concert Series
– Animal Exhibits and Competitions: Cats, cattle, dogs, goats, mules, pigs, poultry, rabbits, sheep, and plenty more! A petting zoo and pig races are very popular!
– Motorsports: At the Motorsports Arena, there will be The Super Pull, demolition derby (including lawnmower demolition derbies), the Antique Car Show and four-wheel and dirt bike races.
– Lots of Yummy Food: Corn on the cob, funnel cakes, pork chop sandwiches, turkey legs, walking tacos, fried green tomatoes and the assortment of unique fried offerings like fried Twinkies, and fried Oreos!
Make sure to stop by and say hello to Rob at the fair! It’s going to be a blast!